EGLS: Online Edition: For Manitoba only - January 14th 2022
Type: online edition
Where: EGLS ONLINE - January 14th 2022, FOR MANITOBA UNIVERSITY ONLY, Canada
Places available: 12
THIS WORKSHOP IS ONLY FOR PARTICIPANTS FROM UNIVERSITY OF MANITOBA / CET ATELIER EST RÉSERVÉ AUX PARTICIPANTS DE L'UNIVERSITÉ DU MANITOBA
EGLS is an ultrasound-based and algorithmic approach created for physicians
wanting to gain confidence and efficiency in critical care context.
EGLS Course focuses on point-of-care ultrasound of the lungs, heart and inferior
vena cava in contexts of respiratory distress, hemodynamic instability or
This training has already helped thousands of doctors worldwide to provide
better care and it is now available in a virtual format that also gives a real
opportunity to enhance manual ultrasound skills.
- After completing this program, the participants will be able to:
- Diagnose and manage pneumothorax, heart failure, COVID, pleural effusions
and more using ultrasound.
- Categorize undifferentiated shock via an algorithmic approach.
- Identify and manage pneumothorax and interstitial syndrome by a lung
- Qualitatively assess left ventricular function and volemia & fluid
- Identify the signs of obstructive shock (tamponade, pulmonary embolism)
Step 1: Register on EGLS website (link will be sent by email)
Step 2: Complete the pre-course material (book & e-learning)
Step 3: Attend a 3h online interactive workshop